Friday, January 8, 2010

Running behind...As usual!

In the spirit of our family always running late, even before we had Logan, I'm jet again running late with my posting. I haven't posted any Christmas pics or anything! Shame on me, I know, but they are up on Facebook that I believe all of you can see....So Christmas was great this year! We spent the weekend of 12/13 in Foley at my Uncle Wayland & Aunt Marsha's to celebrate with my Dad's family. It's so great that we all take time to see one another during the holidays even though my grandparents have gone on home. They both would be so proud that we continue the tradition and would be overjoyed with all the great-grandchildren! There were so many of them! Fun was had by all as we ate, ate, and ate some more of a feast of shrimp, fish, potatoes, corn...We did it coastal style and it was fantastic!


The days following our trip to Foley were last minute preparations here at home. Baking, candy making, last minute shopping, wrapping, etc. I thought I'd never get anything wrapped with Logan being into it all, but he did really well and didn't mind the gifts to much. We then kicked off the remaining gathers on Christmas Eve morning at my Mom's parents. We did a brunch and it was heavenly! Breakfast casseroles, bacon, biscuits, sausage....It was good 'ole Southern Style brunch of course. We then enjoyed time with one another exchanging gifts. Logan received a bright, shiny Radio Flyer tricycle from our MawMaw & PawPaw West. Once that came out, he had very little interest in anything else! It was so funny to watch his face light up in excitement and brought up old memories and stories of how us four grandchildren
were on Christmases in the past.

Later that evening, we spent time with Brian's parents, Sam & Jenny, complete with all the family. There, Logan was spoiled with an electronic piano, clothes and too many toys! Brian and I are already set that for his birthday in April, Logan does not need to receive toys as he has been blessed with too many. However, he will be needing a toy box to keep it all in!

Christmas morning at home was special this year. This year, Logan was really into the excitement and was able to open his own presents. He was so much fun to watch! Brian and I got him a little four wheeler that really made his day! Much like the tricycle at my grandparents, he preferred the four wheeler to opening any other gifts. We closed out the day by having dinner with my parents, Ken & Shari, and my sister Laura. Once again, we were blessed as we exchanged gifts.

Despite the many travels, traffic jams and mishaps, we had a truly great Christmas. I hope I never forget how truly blessed our family is...There are so many who were unable to be with family, provide gifts or even food for their families. I pray that we all are mindful that not all have it as good as we do, and when you think you have it bad, remember it could be worse.

No comments: